top of page

House Check Request

Dear Olde Town, Byfield and Plum Island Residents,


If you are going away for vacation, business, or any other reason, you should complete a House Check Form and submit it to the Newbury Police Department.

While you're away, you will have the peace of mind to know that we will be watching over your home for any not listed activity. Should there be a problem, your emergency contact would be notified immediately. Upon your return, give us a call and your residence will be taken off the list and an officer will stop by to verify your return.

You can also utilize this service to give you peace of mind during isolated incidents when you would like an extra eye on your home when you have specific concern for either your's or your property's safety and well being while you ARE home. Examples could include, if you have received threats, are going through a stressful or volatile domestic situation, suspect unwanted activity on your property, etc. On these occasions, an officer will perform a slow "drive-by" to be extra watchful of suspicious activity at your residence. 


Upon completing and submitting your request, please remember to contact us by phone to verify your request and then your home will be added to our "House Check List". The number to call is (978) 462-4440 ext. 0.


Thank you for allowing us to serve you!

bottom of page